Just a quick note for everyone who is looking for the ‘Cloud Business App’ project template in the new Visual Studio 2013 Preview:
You can learn more about ‘Cloud Business Apps’ here:
- Business Apps, Cloud Apps, and More at Build 2013 (Announcement on Somasegar’s blog)
- Announcing LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013 Preview (Visual Studio LightSwitch Team Blog)
However, if you want to start developing ‘Cloud Business Apps’, you don’t have to wait!
Just go ahead and download Visual Studio 2012 Update 3. This update includes the LightSwitch HTML client, which you can use to create ‘Cloud Business Apps’.
Learn more about how to connect your LightSwitch project with SharePoint here:
- LightSwitch HTML Client & SharePoint 2013 Support Now Available! (Visual Studio Developer Center)
- Survey App Tutorial: Developing a SharePoint Application Using LightSwitch (MSDN Code Sample)
- Building Modern, HTML5-Based Business Applications on Windows Azure and Office 365 with Visual Studio LightSwitch (Recording from Build)
Screenshot of the “LightSwitch HTML Application” properties: