Nintex Workflow for Office 365 is now available in the Office Store.
Direct store link:
Only two weeks after the launch of Nintex Workflow for Office 365, Nintex has now published their next product for Office 365.
Nintex Forms for Office 365 provides a powerful and intuitive web based designer that enables users to create, customize and enhance forms for Office 365.
Like the on-premises version, the Office 365 counterpart extends the ribbon for lists and libraries and enables you to add the beautiful and functional forms that your SharePoint Online content deserves.
Be one of the first to install the trial app from the SharePoint store and start to customize and publish rich, powerful forms directly within your browser.
Rushed to market?
A few things are missing in this first version of Nintex Forms for Office 365.
While you can import and export forms (which you can’t yet do with Nintex Workflow for Office 365) and you can also use a comprehensive list of Inline Functions, there are a few other things that are missing:
- You cannot edit forms for Nintex Workflow in Office 365.
- There are only layouts for desktop and tablets. Layouts for smartphones are missing.
- “List Lookup” is the only available SharePoint control in contrast to “External Data Column”, “List Item”, “List Lookup”, “List View”, “Managed Metadata” and “Workflow Diagram” in the on-premises version of the product.
- There is no support for Nintex Mobile.
- There is no support for Nintex Live.
One can get the feeling that this product has been rushed to the market. Nonetheless, the Nintex apps are two of the most comprehensive ones in the Office Store for SharePoint at the moment. I guess Nintex had to rewrite large parts of their code in order to leverage the new SharePoint app model.
With Nintex Forms for Office 365 beeing a software solution hosted entirely in the cloud, I’m confident that Nintex will easily be able to continuously update it’s product and add the missing features over the coming months.
- Nintex Forms for Office 365 – Product Guide (PDF)
- Nintex Forms for Office 365 – Installation Guide (PDF)
- Nintex Forms for Office 365 – Product website
- Nintex Forms for Office 365 – Demonstration Videos
- Nintex Forms for Office 365 – FAQ (licensing, language availability, trial period, …)
- Nintex Product Feedback Site for Nintex Forms for Office 365 (give feedback, leave feature requests, …)
Nintex Forms for Office 365 is licensed under an annual subscription based on the size of your organization.
You can download the app for free and sign up for a free 30 day trial.
After you have purchased your subscription, you can enter your subscription key directly in the app. – No extra installation or configuration required. No data loss, no migration required!
You can find a list of support ressources at: http://www.nintex.com/en-US/Support/Pages/NWO365.aspx
Computacenter is a Nintex Partner. If you think your business could benefit from Nintex Worfklow and Nintex Forms for SharePoint, then we should talk at the Computacenter office in Berlin, or anywhere you like…
Now go and have fun exploring forms in the cloud – using Nintex Forms and Office 365. 🙂
PS: If you don’t have an Office 365 account or don’t have the time to try it, you can still watch the following short video demonstration.